At Heal The World, we believe in living generously with our money, time and effort. When disaster strikes, we believe it’s our responsibility to respond.
Early September saw great devastation come to The Bahamas at the hands of Hurricane Dorian. Early November helped to bring a different story as Heal The World responded.
Because of your support, we were able to take a team of twelve people into Freeport, Grand Bahama to begin cleaning and restoring houses. Take a look at what we were able to accomplish within one week:
- Removed and replaced 2200 shingles
- Removed and replaced 2925 square feet of rolled roofing
- Removed cabinets in 2 kitchens and 4 bathrooms
- Hung 1696 square feet of drywall
- Hung 2176 square feet of cement board
- Rebuilt fencing destroyed by the hurricane
- Removed over a semi load of debris from five homes
- Removed drywall and remediated mold in four homes
- Connected with and prayed for the families and loved ones of those who we provided assistance to
Thank you to each one of our team members as well as those who supported us financially. We look forward to our next trip coming early 2020!
Questions? Click here